Parts in Massachusetts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Parts in Massachusetts
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 17:26:16 -0600
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
This note should apply to all of you located on the eastern seaboard.

I was calling around looking for seat cushions for my MK1 spitfire
and I placed a call to someone in Massachusetts.  After a long and
rambling conversation with this gentleman here is the gist of what
was talked about.

There are approximately 16 to 17 garages/warehouses full of British
car parts ranging from Jaguar to Triumph in NOS hardware, NOS
Lucas electrics and the same in used condition.  These garages
are apparently in a shady (as in bad!) part of town and are in
extremely poor condition.  The roofs and walls are slowly starting to
cave in and the doors and windows are nailed shut so he has to
literally break in to get inside himself.  He would like to sell all
of this stuff but doesn't really want to do it piece meal, do to the
headaches involved in selling items that way.

He would prefer to deal with only one or two individuals.  As an
example he said that if someone came with a pickup or a truck and was
willing to load the stuff he would charge in the vicinity of $50 to
$100 per load, obviously quality might change the price a little.

He is reaching a point where he will just have the buildings
bull dozed just so he doesn't have to pay rent on the storage space
anymore.

He did mention that he had TR3 thru TR6 & Spitfire parts.

I'm not really sure what to do, living in Nebraska its definitely a
little out of the way for me to take my pickup there and loadup.  I
would think that if several people got together that something might
be done to save these parts from the trash heap.

I have to admit though, talking with this gentleman was a little on
the strange side.  He did a fair amount of rambling.  But I guess if
you are into LBC's that might come naturally!!!

If anyone has ideas on how to deal with this possible treasure trove
I would be interested in hearing from you, either through private
e-mail or through the list.

For all I know, this could be nothing more than a wild goose chase.
One never knows if the person on the other end of the line is telling
the truth or is exaggerating to impress you.  In my mind he sounded
just strange enough for this to be true!

My phone # is 402-464-1502 and I'll be home over the weekend if
anyone cares to talk to me directly.

Brad

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (After 10 years will be on the road in
March!!!)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Needs Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Boxes & Boxes of parts right now)