Re: winshild wiper wiring for a TR3

To: GRUSHGANG@aol.com
Subject: Re: winshild wiper wiring for a TR3
From: Jeff Raymond <raymo1@airmail.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 09:26:56 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
GRUSHGANG@aol.com wrote:

> Jeff
>
> I have a 58 TR3A  (TS26762) .  The Green/Black wire goes to the No. 1
>  terminal on the wiper motor.  A thin black wire hooks to E terminal which I
> believe is ground.The No. 2 terminal receives 2 green wires that dissappear
> into the wiring bundle. I don't know where they lead to, however,l will try to
> trace them as soon as I get a chance. Hopefully someone on the list can give
> you a more definitive answer sooner.
>
> Barry

Thanks  - We've opened up the wire harness and have two green wires
going into one connector that was not hooked up to anything (DPO).  When
we do put power to the motor the ammeter slams to -MAX and the black
green wire gets very very hot (smokes if you leave it on too long).  I'm
beginning to think the armature is stuck, burned or whatever.  Looks
like it's time to open it up and take a look

Jeff