TR6/250 Rear Suspension Rebuild Question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6/250 Rear Suspension Rebuild Question
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 19:59:17 EST
Am rebuilding the rear suspension on my TR250.  The question is in regards to
the brackets holding the trailing arms to the frame.

Original design had the "1 notch up" bracket on the inner side with the "2
notches up" bracket on the outer side.

Later designs swapped the outer "1 notch" bracket to the outer side and
replaced the inner with a "3 notch" bracket.

Len Renkenberger expirimented with taking the early "1 notch" bracket and
moving it to the outside while taking the early outer "2 notch" bracket and
flipping it upside down (to get closer to the design of the "3 notch" bracket
and moving it to the inside.

QUESTION - Does anyone have first hand experience with this switch.  Does
anyone have first hand experience on using the "early" stock set up of these
brackets.  I will be replacing the springs with new ones obtained from Triumph
Tune - TT4212.  "Standard" springs  rated at 420 lbs/in with a fitted length
of 8.85".  This is .45" longer than stock TR250 springs (rated at 320 lbs/in)
but .15" shorter than stock TR6 springs (rated at 354 lbs/in)

As always, thanks in advance for any insight you all might offer.

Regards,
JoeSimcoe
Baton Rouge LA
74 TR6