TR3A Hoodstick Colors

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3A Hoodstick Colors
From: "Brent Smith" <bsmith@inetnow.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 19:43:03 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
>The hoodsticks that came with my car are painted a tan colour, which
>    seems out of keeping with everything else on the car. Does anyone know
>   if that's original? Black would seem more likely.

Good question.  My 1960 TR3A had them body color (pearl white, in my case).
The TRA Judging Standards say most hoodsticks and mounts were body color,
but some very late cars were buff (semi-gloss tan) or black.  Bill Piggot's
book, "Original Triumph TR" says that they were usually black or red, and
some were silver.  Take your pick.

Brent Smith
Atlanta, Georgia
1960 TR3A    (TS 76145 L'O')