Re: TR3 on Jackstands

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 on Jackstands
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 07:46:13 -0500
>Is there anything I should know before I jack up my TR3 and put it on
>jack stands?  I do not want to do any damage to the car and was wondering
>if there is any special precaution I need to take when jacking the car.

TerriAnn's reply was right on.

If you're even more paranoid, like myself, you use two sets of jackstands
and you leave the floor jack under a frame member as a "backup".

Oh, and don't do this...

Had a neighbor severely injured when a car fell on him.  Did the trick of
using the garage rafters to help support the weight of the car.  Garage
collapsed, car landed on guy.  He got a month in the hospital, new garage,
and a beat up '57 Chevy for his efforts.

This guy designed cooling control systems for nuclear power plants.  DOH!

Bruce Clough