Re: TR transmissions

To: Bob <rlmcneit@cpis.net>, Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR transmissions
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 19:09:20 -0800
Bob,
I hope you aren't talking about the GM 2.8 V6.  My personal experience
with that engine isn't very good.  I have owned 4 of them in various
cars and I have to say they don't hold together very well.  If you
really want a high performance GM V6 that is very reliable, the 4.3
Vortec V6 is lightyears ahead of the 2.8.  I have one in a '90 Chevy
Blazer with 182,000 miles on it and except for an occasional quart of
oil is is still going strong.  Not a bolt turned on it since new.

Joe Curry

--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing