Re: Grant Steering Wheels

To: rdaniels@snet.net
Subject: Re: Grant Steering Wheels
From: "Robert M. Lang" <LANG@ISIS.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 17:16:44 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

I can tell you a couple of things about Grant Wheels.

I just bought an adapter from them. About $50. It's got the splines on it
and you use a nut that is very similar to the stock steering wheel nut.

You then need to buy a wheel, the wheels that they have now use 5 or six
holes to secure the wheel to the adapter (sorry, I forget the exact
pattern, but allof the newer Grant Wheels use the new pattern). Note: this
is a departure from the old days. Some years back, Grant wheels had a four
bolt mount - three were arranged more or less at 12, 4 and 8 o'clock and
the fourth was located in the inbetween space...

I know this too because I was hoping to adapt my 12 inch Grant wheel to my
TR6 and even though I handed the wheel to the guy at the speed shop to
order the parts, he ordered the new style hub adapter even though I have
the old style hub.

At any rate, I'm going to drill the older style wheel to fit the newer
style hub...

And the speed shop wouldn't take the new part back because it was "special
order". Jeeeeeez.

rml
Bob Lang                | Voice: 617-253-7438      | This space
Consultant              | FAX:   617-258-9535      | for rent
MIT Information Systems | email: lang@isis.mit.edu |