Re: Will my tires fit?

To: Alan Camhi <camhi@symbol.com>
Subject: Re: Will my tires fit?
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 15:20:58 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> Hi everyone,
>
> Can anyone tell me if 165 X 70 X 15 tires for a TR4 will fit on a 15 X 5.5
>rim and if so what if any problems/performance I will lose>
>
> Also, will doing this cause any tire damage down the road?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alan  Camhi
>
> P.S.  Thanks for everyones continued replies regarding mire wire wheel
>pursuit.

They should physically fit on there no problem. I know there's dangers in
fitting
tires that are too wide on a narrow rim, but I haven't heard of direct problems
with
putting a slightly narrower tire on a wider wheel. Are they TR6 wheels? If so
you may
want to put TR6 (185R15) size tires on. They'll probably fit pretty well. I run
195/65 R
15's on my 4A with 15 x 5 rims and they work great. They are within 2% of the
original
tire diameter (165R15 Michelin XZX). TR4's were not 165/70R15.... They're
165R15...78%
aspect ratio I think....the 165/70's are probably pretty short...
Christopher M.Lillja
Marketing Associate
Princeton University Press
Tel:609 258 4900