Re: Suspension Removal

To: Matrix1643@aol.com
Subject: Re: Suspension Removal
From: MMDBR <MMDBR@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 19:13:57 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Derek -

Both the Haynes and Bentley manual will pretty much walk you through this. A
few things I know about the front suspension:

    - Do use a suitable spring compressor when taking the tension off the coil
spring.
    - If there's any play in the A-arm bushings, have them reamed out and then
have
      the new ones pressed in.
    - The new rubber bushings are rarely an exact fit and will "mushroom"
unless you
       take a BIT off with a grinding wheel. (It's easier than it sounds.)
    - If you don't belong to a club, find one, as there will almost certainly
be someone
      who will hold your hand or give you a hand. If you happen to be in the
Chicago
      area, the club I belong to is having a front end rebuild clinic on Feb.
28.
       (unshameful plug!)

Best of luck!

Mike Blonder