Re: Crane Ignitions

To: Lawrence Schilling <lchillin@siu.edu>
Subject: Re: Crane Ignitions
From: James Tschaikowsky <jamest@sover.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 14:48:43 -0500
Cc: TRIUMPHS@Autox.Team.Net
Lawrence:

I use a Crane Cams XR700 electronic Ignition. I've been running it for the last
couple of years without any real problems. I bought it on the advice of a
mechanic I know, (who I feel is very knowledgeable). The only thing I don't
like about it is the mounting system for the electronic eye in the distributor;
I had to modify the mounting system to stop it moving, (coz otherwise the
timing used to move too). Apart from that it seems just fine

James Tschaikowsky

'76 TR6