Re: TR6 interior question

To: Gary Oehrle <oehrle@cadence.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 interior question
From: rick <rbacon@netcom.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 10:27:49 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>I am in the process of putting a new interior in my 6 and have
>looked for the carboard panels which go on either side in the front.
>Neither TRF or Moss seems to sell them.
>
>Does anyone on the list know of a source?
>
>I am considering acquiring some heavy poster board or even
>masonite (sp) and coating it with epoxy to keep out moisture.
>
>comments and feedback welcome

Gary
I used Masonite to re-cut the kidney shaped boards under the TR6's console.
Using the old ones as a template and riveting the brackets, I then cut a
hole to add speakers.
The weight of the speakers was to much for the old cardboard.

I found that Plasti Kote's vinyl spray is a great product to renew the TR's
black interior.
It's flexible, not too shiny and saved me quite a bit of moolah.

rick