Re: Help with Engine Identification

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Help with Engine Identification
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 18:30:59 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
Joe,

The two engines that start with 12V are considerably smaller than the
1300 spit engine.  I'll have to go out in the garage and crawl under
the work bench to check out more features.  I'll do that sometime to
night.  They are 4 cylinder and someone responded back they thay
might be Spridget engines.

If anyone is interested in these they are available cheap.  I think I
have most of the internals but there are NO manifolds!  Somehow I did
end up with 5 heads for 3 blocks.  I'm not sure if all of the heads
mate up to these 3 blocks or not.  Guess I'm going to have to get
myself dirty tonight and come up with the particulars.

By the way if any one is interested in any of this stuff I will be in
Pennsylvania sometime in March to pickup my TR4A so I can bring some
of this stuff with me.

> Brad,
> You got my curiousity up.  On the last two engines, where was that
> number located?  Are they Triumph?  I assume they are 4 cyl.  Do
> they look like the 1300 (generally), or are they drastically
> different?  How many head bolts do they have?
>
> Any additional information such as casting numbers, location of
> various things, number of head ports, etc. will help identify them.

Brad

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L
1964 TR4A                CT72398L
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108