Re: Spitfire-TR7 wheels

To: John Haynes <johnhaynes@som-uky.campus.mci.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire-TR7 wheels
From: Brian Neuschwander <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 22:22:20 -0800
Cc: Andrew Linkens <alinkens@nuera.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Yes, they fit.  I am running a set of Indy style mags on my 65 spit that
I retrieved off of a TR7.  I also took the TR7 wheels studs, as they are
larger than the Spit's.  If you use rear studs from a TR7 (fronts are
different and won't work as easy) you can replace the studs on your
spit.  The rears Spit axels do not need to come apart.  Chamfer the end
of the TR7 studs, and they will fit in the Spit rear hub.  Then lube the
threads and pull them in tight with good nuts over some spacers.  You
will have to remove the calipers and front hubs to replace the front
Spit studs.  Again, use rear TR7 studs on the Spit front hubs.

Good luck.  All disclaimers apply.
--
Brian W. Neuschwander