Paint & Trim Codes

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Paint & Trim Codes
From: Bristol7 <Bristol7@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 17:57:46 EST
Folks,

This qustion pertains to a 1981 TR8 FI DHC I just acquired, however I am
posting this to the general Triumph list in hopes of finding an answer.  The
commission plate states the paint and trim code as follows:

                               Paint:   NCF          Trim:    AMG

I know the  "N" in the paint code signifies a variation of white and the "AM"
in the trim code indicates a tan trim, however are there specific names for
the codes above which British Leyland created?

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards,

Kirk Yonker