WELDING FUMES, REAR END TWITCH....HELP

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: WELDING FUMES, REAR END TWITCH....HELP
From: cavies@xtra.co.nz
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 20:56:47 +1200
I have a 2.5TC with a fairly bad rear end twitch, got worse with the
carb rebuild and more power being produced.  I got some air shocks from
the wreckers which have reduced it and improved the handling, but I
don't have much money at the moment and wondered if anyone knew of a
'cheap' way to lessen it until next summer when I can earn some money??

I heard something about welding fumes when welding galvanised metal with
a mig welder.  Someone said that it was chlorine gas that was produced,
of course, not very nice!! Some fluxes contain chlorides which could be
responsible, but the redox chemistry behind this does not work
out...does anyone know what the fumes are, I love solving problems! Is
it with all wires or just fluxes??

Ken Williams
NZ
2.5TC