gauge lighting

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: gauge lighting
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 22:17:00 -0800 (PST)
Work on my dash has be progressing, albeit slowly.  I managed to dig up
some 10/32 nuts for the crash pads from the local hardware store... took a
bit of digging tho :-(

I have the tach and speedo out while I fix up the dash.  I took the bezels
off to rid the inside of some rust and I notice that the reflector also
was rusty on the back side.

Does anyone know the 'proper' color for the inside of Smiths/Jaeger
gauges? It's a sort of light powder blue.

I have some gloss white, will that do?  Or should I use semi-gloss or
matte?

-Malcolm