Re: Flat Spot ??

To: jgillis@tcd.ie
Subject: Re: Flat Spot ??
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 13:45:03 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Illegal-object: Syntax error in References: value found on gateway.ukaea.org.uk:References: <md5:3BF98F299DFCC332E733CD92A0FE86F5> ^-illegal end of message identification
To aid diaganosis some questions, I had a problem
like this, and it was somthing perfectly inicent.

What type of carbs are on this car, SU's I presume?
Some of this may work for other carbs.

How far did you go into the carb?

Did you get anything new.

My car had somthing like this, when it reached normal
temperature.  Have you checked the valve clearances
recently, if thers blow back I found can be caused
by your valves being too close.  If you did the
clearences whilst you were doing the carb this might
be the answer.

Did you use new gasguets (carb -> manifold)?

What oil did you re-fill the damper with?

Is the needel sitting square in the jet?
Haynes shows a test for this.

Have you atempted re-tuning the carbs yet?

Touched the Ignition circuets at all?

Diet or normal petrol? (Unleaded)

Is the hose for the servo leaking, and is the servo
working correctly?
Test press breaks unill they go hard, then turn the engin
over, pedel should go down.

Does it do it if you disconect the engin breathing
system, and plug up the carb side with somthing?

Is ther anything modified on this system, incorect air
filters can alter the tuning of the system, and therefor
produce a flatspot.  When you set up an anti-node at the
valve I think.

These should hoplfully help get some answers.  No sugestions
as yet.  Apart from with mine, I had steam blowing through the
crankcase ventilation system, concensating on the butterflys.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot