Re: TR4 Not running....

To: Tim Clayton <clayts@vegasnet.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Not running....
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 22:46:51 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Tim Clayton wrote:

> My newly refurbed TR4 had been sitting unattended for several weeks but
> usually always fires up.  Last week I went out, took off the air filters to
> ease starting with some fluid - and NO GO!  It would fire but would only run
> as long as the fluid would last.  I checked the carbs and they are getting
> fuel fine (PO had installed an electric fuel pump) and I know it's getting
>fire

Sounds to me like the jets are plugged, possibly by varnish... you tried
squirting a bit o' carb cleaner at the jet yet?

Sounds also like you have fuel in the bowls, so it must not be getting
into the carb itself

just a guess...

-Malcolm

BTW you probably won't need fluid if you can prime the system-- ie,
leave the key on for a few seconds before cranking the motor... unless the
fuel pump doesn't run when the motor isn't turning