Re: Spit Engine for sale

To: hobrien@webos1.com (Will O'Brien)
Subject: Re: Spit Engine for sale
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 16:29:58 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> Anyone know much about putting GT6 gears into the rear end of a spit?  I'm
> thinking they might be stronger than the gears in the spit.

AFAIK they the whole unit will slip right in, but if the Spit diff is MKIV or
later
they should have the same power handling cap -- I think they were
"rationalized" at that
point... I don't think you can put Spit gears in a GT6 case...so the reverse is
probably
true.

Anyone know
> the max horsepower the spit rear end can handle?

I wouldn't push it past 110hp or so... even then it might be borderline...

I've heard that early TR7 center sections also fit the Spit/GT case.... If your
going for
that low reving V6 the TR7 auto ring and pinion gives you a 3.07 ratio....

Do you know about this Barry Schwartz?
Christopher M.Lillja
Marketing Associate
Princeton University Press