Re: Pomme Triumph owner emigrating to Oz

To: GuyotLeonF <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Pomme Triumph owner emigrating to Oz
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 14:05:32 +1100 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bernie, Leon,

At 16:20 20/01/98 EST, you wrote:
>... a fellow Triumph owner ... who is going to relocate ... to Australia.

> I'm planning to fit a larger radiator and/or possibly an electric fan. What
> else might I consider ?

Contacting the Victorian clubs is certainly the first thing to do. However,
I would suggest bringing out spares of anything expensive and heavy (eg.
head, diff, gearbox). It's not usually hard to find such things here, but
they often cost 2-3 times as much as Moss or Rimmer Bros. You could easily
sell them at a profit, if you decide you don't need them.

If you import parts from the UK, our wise and benevolent rulers charge about
40% duty, then apply about 20% sales tax to the sum of the purchase price,
shipping cost, _and_ duty. (Ingenious, aren't they!) Of course, this policy
is completely justified: we have to protect 0.01% of our domestic auto
industry from extinct foreign competitors!
Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia