Re: Carb. Tool

To: Tom Wagner - Program Manager <tom.w.wagner@Central.Sun.COM>
Subject: Re: Carb. Tool
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 22:25:43 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Tom Wagner - Program Manager wrote:

> To All:
> >
> For a 72 TR 6 can someone tell me the oil that is
> used in the grease fitting on the front
> suspension that is called for in the Bentley
> manual.
>
> This oil is to lubricate the steering vertical link
> on each wheel assembly.

Tom:

I ended up using OMC Ultra-HPF Gearcase Lube. This is bought
at your local marina or boating supply store. It is the same
weight oil recommended by the manual and you can buy a metal
hand pump ($24) that the oil tube screws into. Then all you need is
to buy the end attachment to a grease gun. It screws right onto
the shaft of the hand pump, and you've got it. Enough preasure
to force the oil into the grease nipple! Worked so good for me
that when I first used it, the oil forced the old grease out of the
link (gee, I wonder how that got there?).

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6