TR6 report card... continued

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 report card... continued
From: jbonina@nectech.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 10:56:39 -0500
     Well, as I previously posted, I sent my newly purchased TR6 (my 1st
     LBC) out to the local 'expert' for a once-over.

     This is what he reported:

     - compression: 140 140 140 100 120 130
     100 due to burned valve, not rings. Valve job ~$500 depending on parts
     required.

     - vacuum advance diaphram need to be replaced (?)

     - Carb throttle shafts are sloppy; may need to be re-bushed

     - Right front-end is sloppy; either a tie rod or bushings. He says if
     it is the tie rod, small problem. If it's bushing I may need a new
     front rack (?)

     - the tranny is loud in neutral. Bearing noise. Could last a long
     time; may need to be re-built in the future. $12-1300 (OUCH!)

     - rear brakes are dragging. Can't remove one drum despite repeated
     heating with a torch. May have to damage the drum to remove it (ala
     recent hammer hread). Maybe rusted e-brake mechanism.

     - Other than that, not a bad car. Oh, previous frame work and repair
     noticed.

     Well, give it to me, bring it on! Your comments, opinions,
     suggestions, etc.

     Thanks folks.