Ahh, fresh parts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Ahh, fresh parts
From: "Will O'Brien" <hobrien@webos1.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 01:27:18 -0600
 Hi all,
        After ordering all sorts of fun stuff from Spit Bits, JC
Whitney(Gasp) and my local Auto parts store
I'm just waiting for some warmer weather to rebuild the brakes on my car as
well as install new bearings in the front wheels I was just wondering if
anyone has any advice on the processes.  I've already rebuilt the master
cylinder for the brakes.

To give you an idea of the level I'm taking this to on my '77 Spit:
2 front bearing sets,
1 Set stainless steel/teflon brake hoses,
2 Rebuilt Calipers, L&R
2 New Lockheed rear cylinders,
And All new pads and shoes

I've already had the rear drums turned since they sat still for 7 years.
When I pull the rotors to install the new bearings I'm going to have those
turned as well.

Some Interesting discoveries At my local Auto store:
Moss sells electric fan kits for $150 while I can get the same fan(Hayward I
believe) for $60.  It's another $25 to $30 for the sensor kit.  I'd probably
set it to run all the time since the original mechanical fan runs when the
motor was running.

I can get rebuilt calipers for $40 with no core(They don't want them!) locally
All the brake pads, shoes, and calipers have lifetime warranties - When they
wear out, just take them back and they give you a new set free.  I'm
serious, I asked.

I'm also about to replace my fuel line and seal my gas tank which is very
nasty inside.