Re: Roadster Factory TR-6 Sport Exhaust

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Subject: Re: Roadster Factory TR-6 Sport Exhaust
From: "Martin" <mxgo@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 09:46:48 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
-----Original Message-----
From: Janssen, Lee K <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
To: 'triumphs' <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: Thursday, January 15, 1998 7:31 AM
Subject: Roadster Factory TR-6 Sport Exhaust

>I'm considering getting a stainless steel free-flow "sport" exhaust
>system  from the Roadster Factory for my 74 TR6.
>I recall a previous discussion about the Falcon brand exhaust providing
>a terrible fit, are these the same items.
>Also since I don't want to become hearing impaired so I would appreciate
>if someone told me HOW LOUD the exhaust system is.

I bought, but have not yet installed, the sport system (without the
mufflers) for my 73 TR6 from TRF  I bought two Dynamax Ultra Flow mufflers
(stainless steel) for the system.  The mufflers have a 2 inch inlet/outlet,
3.25 inches thick, 7.75 inches wide, body length of 14 inches, and overall
length of 18 inches.  I believe that the size is about the length of the
monza mufflers and the Falcon mufflers.  The Company says that the sound
rating is 80 db, which is less than borla or flowmaster. Their backpressure
is less than 2 psi.  Their price varies all over the place from 79 to 150
dollars.  The best price can be had with Super Shops, I believe they are a
national chain.

Martin
San Jose, CA USA