Spitfire Paint/DOT 5

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spitfire Paint/DOT 5
From: "John Reynolds" <JFR843@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 09:42:33 -0500
Some advice please.

I have just finished repainting the cowl on my 1979 Spitfire to repair
damage caused by leaking master cylinders. Since I have both master
cylinders off of the car, I think this be a good time to go to DOT 5 fluid.
Can I simply bleed the system throughly, or do I need to disassemble and
rebuild the slave cylinders?

By the way, I purchased spray cans from Tower Paint
(http://www.towerpaint.com) to complete these repairs. After a bit of
discussion, they provided authentic looking Pagent Blue paint (PPG) that
worked very nicely. This is a great way to repaint non-exterior surfaces.

John Reynolds
Houston, Tx.