Re: turn indicator poltergeist

To: "William West" <will_thane@email.msn.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: turn indicator poltergeist
From: "Vic Whitmore" <vicwhit@octonline.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 08:48:07 -0500
Yup. Been there...done that.
I tracked my problem to the rear light assembly. Even though the assembly
looked clean, it seemed to have some kind of resistive coating on the metal
contacts. Using a knife, I scraped the contacts of the light assembly that
touch the light housing. You may have to re-tension these by bending them
outward to increase the contact pressure. There was also some over spray of
paint on some of these. I did the same with the metal part of the light
housing. Problem solved. At least until the next visit from The Lord of
Darkness...Lucas.
P.S. Also check the bulb and socket for a resistive film on the base
contact.

Vic Whitmore
76 Triumph Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario

----------
> From: William West <will_thane@email.msn.com>
> To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Subject: turn indicator poltergeist
> Date: Tuesday, January 13, 1998 9:06 PM
>
> Hello Again!
>
> In an attempt to get my turn indicators working on my 76 Spit, I've run
into
> a poltergeist.  Ok, so I'm relatively sure that my flasher unit is
faulty,
> as I get no blinking from the turn indicators. The light comes on, but
there
> is no flash. The emergency flashers do work, however. Here's the mystery:
On