turn indicator poltergeist

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: turn indicator poltergeist
From: "William West" <will_thane@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 18:06:33 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello Again!

In an attempt to get my turn indicators working on my 76 Spit, I've run into
a poltergeist.  Ok, so I'm relatively sure that my flasher unit is faulty,
as I get no blinking from the turn indicators. The light comes on, but there
is no flash. The emergency flashers do work, however. Here's the mystery: On
the passenger (right) side, I can get the light to work if I pull the socket
out, wiggle it a little and then slide it back in. It will continue to flash
until I shut it off and walk away. When I come back, it won't work until I
pull it out and wiggle it again, after which it works. Sometimes it will
work until I shut the trunk...and...you guessed it, I have to pull the
socket and wiggle it until it works.

The contacts are clean and tight fitting.  Anyone care to venture a guess?

Confused,
Will