Re: Lucas Rotor Failure

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Lucas Rotor Failure
From: "Ralph Jannelli" <rjannelli@uncc.campus.mci.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 10:02:33 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
This summer at VTR auto-cross my '65 Spitfire began to misfire really bad.
Didn't have time to fix anything then so just ran the auto-cross the best I
could. Later that day after finding nothing amiss I went to the TRF sales
room and bought a new rotor and distributor cap. After replacing both it ran
fine! Did not keep the old pieces so I don't know for sure but this sounds
suspiciously like the same failure!!

Ralph Jannelli
Matthews NC
'65 Spitfire MKII