Re: shake, rattle & roll....(loss of power/severe sputtering)

To: Jon Moody <mood@erols.com>
Subject: Re: shake, rattle & roll....(loss of power/severe sputtering)
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 14:14:24 -0800
Cc: Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Jon,
I found that these cars don't like to sit for any length of time.  If you
expose them to that, they rebel.  My own experience (after restoring my
Spit) was that the fuel pump diaphram became hardened from inactivity and it
would idle ok but on the road, it would "run out of gas".  Of course, the
fuel pump on my car was an electric after market one, but I think the same
symptom may be exhibited in a mechanical one.  BTY, it finally gave out
completely, making it obvious wht the problem was.  I replaced it with a new
after-market electric.

Joe Curry