Re: Signature lines

To: WINDOWSEET <WINDOWSEET@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Signature lines
From: Thomas Howard <thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 1998 10:07:40 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 12:48 PM 1/9/98 EST, you wrote:
>I noticed that some of the listers have very long or graphic signature lines
>on their email. Is ther a way to paste this into your mail from a file or
does
>everyone type their signature for every email? I understand "pasting" but is
>there some other technique of which I'm not aware?

This is a function of your Mail Client Software Greg.

Each is unique.  However, most have a "signature" section where the user
can enter the desired information and then this information is added to the
end of each message.

I see that you are using AOL.   Check with thier "help" line about the
software your are using.  They can answer your question about signatures.

PS:  most mail services don't like signatures beacause it adds a good bit
of data overhead to the flow when each message is some 100 bytes (or more)
longer.

Thomas Howard
1972 Triumph GT6,
(& a good bit of USA iron)