Re: powder-coat handling

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: powder-coat handling
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 15:28:32 +0000
Illegal-object: Syntax error in References: value found on gateway.ukaea.org.uk:References: <md5:42EB3662BCDAED6DAF1F93065A0C0889> ^-illegal end of message identification
Is powder coating the thing I did at school where you
heat up you lovely peaces of wire welded into the shape
of your initials, and then put them in a vat full of
plastic powder that is being blown into an arosol by
a converted hover?  To hot and in burns, too cold
and it goes rough.  Or am I thinking of somthing compleatly
diferent?

Where do you get this powder from, how hot does it have
to get, and how do you stick it to the thing if it in's
hot.

I imagin 10 headlamps might just kill you batery after an
hour :-) better is an oven.

An oven is a box with a hole at the botom,
if you can get a metal box, put some insulation
round it, and put a camping stove under it.
This will save the expence of buying a kiln,
regulate the temperature by the flame, and
the whole at the top.  You can then have this
in your garage, and save the smell of using
you conventional oven.  DIY is fun, you could
come an ingeions oven if you set your mind to it,
and who says you have to make it box shaped, a
long thin one would do the rear road spring, or
the propshaft if you wanted. :->

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit