speedvision & cash & laws ... My last post on this

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: speedvision & cash & laws ... My last post on this
From: Rod Knox <rknox@horizon.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 17:05:50 -0800 (PST)

There are 430 or so of you. Thank God you don't all want a tape! I don't
know any of you. I'm a worrier (personality defect) and I think too much. I
don't want to wonder if a cheque is going to bounce or when a payment is
going to arrive. I will however, worry about what is on the tape. Right now
I'm taping Grand Prix racing of the fifties on EP speed. Any requests,
suggestions?

I've been mostly lurking for about 2 years, got great info on various
subjects and this is just my way of contributing to the TR list community.
A payback for valuable advice.

I had no idea there was this much commerce going on. Are you all paying
taxes on these parts and/or declaring the income? Of course not. As long as
we are private and small time criminals the feds don't care. So is
Speedvision going to go broke because people like me copy their programs,
then transfer them to another tape? Who is going to broadcast my little
production? Come one, 'fess up. Be honest!   Surely, the more likely
scenario is that these tapes and all the discussion will spark interest in
acquiring speedvision. They really do have some interesting stuff on. Check
out the website. Just my 2.82US cents worth.

Guess I'll stop being paranoid now. I had been telling people that if they
weren't on the TR list when I started this, I would return their money, So
if anyone wants a tape send $10CAN or $7US (my bank says today's exchange
rate is 1.41 so 7x1.41=9.87) I've convinced myself the speedvision lawyers
have bigger fish to fry.

Please send for further information

THIS OFFER WILL NOT BE REPEATED (I promise)