Distributer Questions

To: triumph owners digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Distributer Questions
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 10:14:14 +0000
I have fited as an experiment a Lucas Distributer from a
BL 'O' serise engin.  This type has electronic ignition,
in the form of a magnetic pickup, and a seperat amp.
I think it was a 1500 unit I got it from.
It is exactly the same size and fitting, even down to the
cap.  The only diference is the size of pin that holds the
gizmo on the end.  I put the spitfire vacume advance/retard
on it.

But I can't use my centrafugal advance with this distributer
because of the cam can't be taken off and replaced with the
new pickup widget.

So my next idea is to modify the other centrafugal advance.
Does anyone have the correct data for this, I can't find it.
Has any one got an idea of  how to modify the advance?

The reason I think this is nessecery is because, when
accelerating in 2nd it goes fine, then hits a wall at 4500
rpm, and I could stay there for minuets and I would stay
there, but put it in third, and accelerates well again.

After the engin is has been driven for a bit it stalls, but is
fine when coldish with out choke.

I want to make it work because it has only cost a fiver
for the distributer, amp and wiring, from the local srap yard,
and it seems to be much cheaper than optical kit's.

So anyone got any good Ideas.

Thanks

James

--