Leak Down.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Leak Down.
From: vitesse@juno.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 21:55:33 -0500
Some background....in '72 or '73 a magazine I bought had an article on
leak down testing and how to make one from common parts available from
any Sears.  I seem to recall that the tester was in the $15-20 range.

I never got around to doing anything about it but a buddy's TR6 is
blowing a lot of smoke and we wanted to try the leakdown test on it.

I of course don't have the article anymore ( even though I know I had it
when I moved to Georgia in '81 ) but I want to try to make my own.  Any
ideas?

I seem to recall that I needed a gauge ( have one already from my
plumbing days ) and some fittings and the adaptor to go in the plug hole.
 Is that all I would need?  Now the big question...I remember that there
was a chart in the mag on what would be an acceptable 'leak'....anyone
have any facts on what would be acceptable?

Thanks...as usual I've probably left out about half what I needed to put
in here...please bear with me.

Hugh R. McAleer
Jonesboro, GA
'68 TR 250, owned since 1980