Sanity check

To: ArthurK101@AOL.COM, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sanity check
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 09:10:11 -0500
     Art,
     It wasn't a "Massey-Ferguson", but rather a "Ferguson". I don't know
     whether this is the Ferguson that Massey later hooked up with or not,
     but they are definitely different.
     "Ferguson" was actually Harry Ferguson, who linked up with Sir John
     Black somehow in the forties or so.
     I took a personal interest in this thread because I learned to drive
     as a boy of 8 or 9 on a Ferguson, and it had - surprise surprise -
     electrical problems! (The generator would discharge instead of charge
     during the time the starter was engaged, so if it didn't start
     instantly the battery flatlined, and we had to roll it down the slope
     and pop the clutch.) However, I really can't remember if the motor was
     all that similar or not. One respondant to the list said they were
     virtually identical while the rest said they weren't.
     Regards,
     Jim Wallace
     no longer a farmer