Re: Honesty

To: Joe and Trish <jthaider@micron.net>
Subject: Re: Honesty
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 07:44:58 -0600 (CST)
Cc: Triumph q&a <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, Joe and Trish wrote:

> After receiving the part, this person said he sent the check.  Yeah,
> right!  It's been almost a month and 1/2 now and no $$.  Calls and email
> go unanswered.  This person supposedly has a business in NM.  Has anyone
> else had this experience and what would you recommend we do?  From
> reading the posts this last year, I got the idea that most of the people
> on the list were honest and interested in restoring and promoting the
> lbc's.
>
> I'd be interested to hear about experiences of this kind from others.

        Just my tuppence re: this little "misadventure"... If you were
        contacted by the fellow through the list I would contact him again
        and tell him that "if you don't receive a check from him in a
        reasonable amount of time you will post "book and verse" about his
        dealings with you and... NAME NAMES so as to protect your fellow
        listers from being similarly ripped off... Maybe the threat of
        public exposure and the resultant loss of business might shake the
        money loose...

        I'm sorry you were treated so poorly by this individual...
        If he doen't come across with the money owed to you he'll probably
        do the same to someone else... The best way to stop this abuse is
        to let future "victims" know.

        I'll go quietly now, officer

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois