Re: So you,(I),thought you,(I),knew about Wrenches/Spanners!

To: GuyotLeonF <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>, pearesto@totcon.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, livo@saglac.qc.ca (John Gasson), amace@unix2.nysed.gov
Subject: Re: So you,(I),thought you,(I),knew about Wrenches/Spanners!
From: Kris Cotton <krisc@pi.bnis.net.au>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 23:30:25 +1000
>As stated earlier,they are made by Messrs:T.Williams' (Drop forgings & tools)
>Limited,Birmingham 9.,and are from their 'Williams Superslim' range,H type
>finish Open-ended spanners range.
>They are unpolished,and benefit from a thin coating of tough black paint,but
>are very good spanners indeed,being slimmer than many modern spanners I've
>bought,and indeed outlasting many new Chrome Vanadium Spanners,leading me to
>suspect that they may be of somewhat higher quality than they appear!
(typical
>of Triumph).
rest of msg snipped
Hi Guys
these slim spanners of yours ? are you certain that they are not Tappet
spanners? these tended to be slim, as you needed slim spanners to fit in
with the screw driver etc. & invarably were black.
If they are look after them I still have my fathers set locked away from
the kids & they are almost 19 years old.
While I've got you guys, have you heard of a 2L estate made in 62??
Tony Cotton
Sth.Aust.
Adelaide Loco Works
Australian made rail, sleepers (UV protected)& rail joiners for 45mm gauge,
10' radius points soon
 ph/fax intl-61-8-82484430