Re: TR250 Seats - What's Wrong?

To: kelly@dss.com
Subject: Re: TR250 Seats - What's Wrong?
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 98 12:59:15 PST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bill,
        > Does anybody understand what I'm talking about?

I do.  I had exactly the same problem on my Pantera (passenger seat,
and the rubber rollers had "flattened" making them impossible to roll).
I used the same BFH approach, and repaired as much as I could by
making the rollers round again using a knife.  I dont
know of a fix for this (other than perhaps new channels), but I used
grease to "hold" the rollers in place so that they do not roll together.
The passenger seat doe not get that much use, but I do have to move it
everytim I access the fron of the motor, through the rear forewall.
It has held up for 2 years, touch wood!

        Some folk have suggested using brass stock of the appropriate
diameter cut to the required thickness.  Again, use grease to keep them apart.
I'll go this route when my own fix on the rubber rollers fails.

        Shane Ingate in San Diego