Re: TR6 Plug Problem

To: Jeff Slaton <66austin@mursuky.campus.mci.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Plug Problem
From: stu-jo bollen <stu.jo@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 13:48:23 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jeff Slaton wrote:

> Hey Gang,
>
> I just wondered about a possible answer to a problem I am having.  The
> second plug from the front of the engine keeps fouling out and creating
> a miss in the engine.  It has been difficult to find what is creating
> the problem because the car only has 45,000 miles and it does not appear
> to be oil related.  I have a few possible answers and wanted to ask the
> group what everyone thought.
>
> Possible Answer #1 An incorrect carb setting....
>                 #2 A broken piston ring......
>                 #3 Some kind of valve problem.......
>                 #4 Do I need an oil cooler??? Because of thining oil?...
>                 #5 Do I have an emission problem creating one of the
>     above
> problems???
Can't be carb or emission related. This would affect more than one
cylinder.I would suspect a broken scraper ring. Are you sure its not the
other way round i.e. the plug is misfiring and you are getting gas
fouling? I would try chanhing the plug and plug wire first. Also make
sure your spark is as good on that lead as the others.