Re: TR6 rocker arm adjustment

To: dynamic@transport.com
Subject: Re: TR6 rocker arm adjustment
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 08:53:58 1998
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Its best to use the method described in all the manuals.

A friend and I tangled over this... after pulling cams, etc.
it became obvious that the books method sets the lifter 180
degrees opposite the lobe and does 2 cylinders at a time
vs. your technique which adjusts at some other angle.

Should they be the same?  Logic would indicate so, wasn't the
case on my car, i.e. there was a couple of 1/1000's ramp between
180 out and the point you mentioned.  Yours also adjusts one on
the "downside" with the other on the "upside".

Once you understand the book's method, its slick, till then I didn't
trust it.  Oh, if you know the firing order you can derive the sequence.

Roger

--
Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com 512-794-9567, FAX 345-2879