Herald Bumper Installation

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Herald Bumper Installation
From: Bill Kelly <kelly@dss.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 22:22:36 -0500
My long lost Herald, in the restorer's shop for over a year, is nearing
completion. My questions concern the white rubber bumpers. Should we
install them before painting and mask them, or is there a safe way to
put them on after the paint dries without scuffing the paint? Do they
slide on, along the retaining strips, or do you hook them over the top
of the strip and try to worry the lower groove in the rubber over the
lower edge of the retaining strip?

I'm leaning toward painting first, then trying to hook the bumpers on -
sliding seems likely to scuff the paint. Joe (the restorer) and I are
interested in any success stories, and any approaches we haven't thought
of.

Bill Kelly
'62 Herald, in restoration
'68 TR250, rough and ready, and my daily driver for as long as these 60
degree days last here in the NYC area!