Re: Idiots parade

To: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Subject: Re: Idiots parade
From: Cliff Hansen <chansen@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 23:08:17 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 09:42 AM 01/03/98 -0800, Joe Curry wrote:

>Cliff Hansen wrote:
>
>> Right after I bought my first TR-4A (in 1985) I did the
>> responsible thing, changed all the hoses, belt,
>> antifreeze, oil, etc.
>>
>> I was in a hurry because I had to pick up a tall blonde
>> for a date (haste seems to be a common theme in
>> these stories).  About 20 minutes into showing off
>> she says, I'm a little chilly, could you turn the heat
>> on?  Sure...just pull out this knob here and you'll
>> be toasty warm in a jiffy.  Next thing I hear is
>> a shriek - its leaking and its hot!  I forgot to tighten
>> the clamps on the heater hoses....she was wearing
>> white pants, too.
>>
>> Cliff Hansen
>> 1966 TR-4A  CTC 64615L (Hibernating for front end work)
>> 1987 Mazda B2000 (27 miles on brand new engine)
>
> Cliff,
>Did you have any more dates with her?
>
>Inquiring minds want to know!

Yes, actually several months later I raised the subject
of matrimony.  She said maybe.  My wife, Valerie (who is a
flaming redhead) has named my current TR-4A after this lady,
refering to it as the other woman when she's in a good mood,
and as Laura when she's mad at it/me.

By the time I met Valerie I learned the Second Law of
Home Auto Repair: If you didn't do it twice, you didn't
do it right.  I'm proud to say that Valerie drove the first
car for nearly a year (before we had to sell it) and it never
let her down, or dribbled on her leg.  'Cause I did everything
twice.......

Cliff Hansen
1966 TR-4A  CTC 64615L (Hibernating for front end work)
1987 Mazda B2000 (150 miles on brand new engine)