RE: Fan extension bolt

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Fan extension bolt
From: "Linda Long (IM)" <LLong@kollmorgen.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 21:45:38 -0500

Andy,
I replaced the gasket on my TR6's Timing cover several years ago.  That
extension bolt is right hand (normal) treaded so keep on tugging.  Mine
was a real bear to get off also.  I forget the size but I had to borrow
a neighbor's box end wrench 'cause I don't have a set that goes that
large.  BTW the extension is held to the crankshaft pulley by two ( I
believe) locating dowels.  So you'll have to give the extension a couple
of gentle taps after you finally get the big old bolt out.

bye for now

Tom Long

64TR4
68TR250