TR3 head removal - It's OFF

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 head removal - It's OFF
From: Adrio Taucer <adrio@capitalnet.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 1998 16:10:57 -0500
Well, I finally go the head off that car.  Thanks for all the advice.
What I ended up doing was soaking the studs with liquid wrench each time
I passed by the garage (over a 5 day period).  Then I was able to rock
the head (fore and aft) about 2 mm at a time.  I used folded paper as a
fulcrum and increased the thickness each time.  It was slow and tedious
(the whole rocking thing took about 2 or 3  hours) and still required
force when the head was 2" off the deck.

I think the suggested stud remover would have made this a lot easier
project.

Thanks again for all the help, I will keep you posted.

Adrio Taucer
Ottawa, Canada
'59 TR3