Re: Triumph 4 cylinder engines

To: John McEwen <mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Subject: Re: Triumph 4 cylinder engines
From: "Don J. Howard" <dhoward@jht.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 1998 09:40:07 -0400
Cc: "James A. Ruffner" <jar7u@avery.med.virginia.edu>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
For what it is worth I have owned one or more of the 4 cylinder wet
sleeve TR engines continuously for 35 years.  The engine block appears
to be identical to that in the Massey Ferguson 4 cylinder gasoline
tractors of the 50's/60's.  I have checked these out for years, thinking
that proprietary engine parts might someday be available from such
sources only.  In the early seventy's J.C. Whitney was selling
pistons/rings/liner big bore sets for $88.00.

Happy New Year, Don J. Howard