Re: Seperating Ball Joints -- "no guts"

To: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Seperating Ball Joints -- "no guts"
From: Steve Chandler <stevec@rtd.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 18:41:05 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
I never like using this type of tool, because of having to use so much
force to seperate the joint, especially if you are going to re-use the
joint. I much prefer the type which has a fork and a
bolt that clamps around the joint. You tighten down the bolt, and usually
the joint will seperate without the use of a hammer. If you have a Victoria

British catalog, I think they stock this type of tool.

Just my $.02

steve