Re: TR4 in the Movies, Towing

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, curry@wolfenet.com
Subject: Re: TR4 in the Movies, Towing
From: "Keith A. Edwards" <kedwards@norfolk.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 13:41:58 -0500
Joe Curry wrote:

>I was doing a little channel surfing and stopped on the local UPN
>station long enough to catch a baby blue TR4 pulling a travel trailer.
>I was curious enough to look in the TV Guide and saw that it was a 1965
>movie called "Fluffy" with Tony Randall.  Something about a domesticated
>lion.
>
>Anybody pull a trailer behind their TR?

Yes, I used to pull a 1961 Nimrod "pop-up" camping trailer, behind my
1967 TR4A.  I had the hitch fitted in 1975 or so.  Transported all my
worldly goods in/on the trailer a few times back in the 1970s.

In the 1980s, I used to flat-tow my TR3B racecar to local autocrosses.
Worked fine, so long as I switched back to my skinny street tires on the
front, for the tow back home.

I have also towed home the following acquisitions behind my TR4A:

'65 Spitfire
'57 TR3
my other '67 TR4A ("Lazarus")
'70 GT6+

I hear that TRs being used to tow other TRs was relatively commonplace,
back across the pond.

Keith Edwards
Suffolk, VA
kedwards@norfolk.infi.net