Re: New Survey

To: gprtech@frontiernet.net, Nickbk@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: New Survey
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 09:43:58 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-11-24 07:39:26 EST, gprtech@frontiernet.net writes:

<< >How many of you guys still have that lump of iron that was strapped to
the
 >transmission tail shaft on TR3/4 cars ? Did everybody immediately toss
 >those things, or are there still a few "hanging on" ? For those of you doin
 >the "say what" look, I'm talkin about the circular iron piece (about 2
 >pounds) that was hung on the tailshaft of the non overdrive cars. It was
 >attached with a strap that went around the tailshaft just in front of the
 >rear oil seal and had a pinch bolt on the bottom of the strap to tighten it
 >on. >>

I'm not sure who posted this originally, but I've got a couple of questions.
 Maybe I'm being dense this morning but:  where does this piece attach ?  the
transmission  tailpiece?  The driveshaft?  In front of the rear oil seal on
the transmission ?   Where in relationship to the front Ujoint ?  In front of
it or behind ?  Does this piece turn with the drive line?  The only thing I
can think of in that area is the exhaust hanger which attaches to the rear
tranny mount ???
Thanks for the clarification !!  Maybe the grey fog will clear before noon.
Bob Paul