TR8 adoption

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR8 adoption
From: donald.mcleish@corbel.com
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 97 09:22:52 EST
     Congratulate me on my adoption of a 1980 TR8 convertible!

     I picked it up last Wednesday after a long search on the internet, and
     interviews with four other unwanted 8's (one was 800 miles away which
     I drove round trip in less than 48 hours through snow, hail, hills,
     etc - being from Florida this was especially tough).

     It is Platinum Silver (needs repainting - rubbing compound didn't even
     faze the stains in the paint), ZERO rust, a semi-bad transmission, bad
     AC compressor, is ALL original except for the radio, and is probably
     one of the best running 8's around.

     Back in the mid 70's I was really into car magazines. I couldn't
     afford anything fancy but dreamed about it a lot. When the TR7's came
     out in 75, I fell in love with them. Then around 77 the car mags
     talked about the TR8 coming out. Then in 80 when they finally came out
     it about killed me not owning one. The sportiest cars I have owned up
     to now have been a Bugeye Sprite and an MG Midget (forgive me, I was
     young).

     Now that I am going through my mid-life crisis (I'm 41), I got
     permission from the boss (read "wife") to get my dream car. My
     immediate thoughts were the Lotus Europa and an '8. Since the Lotus
     was a hardtop only and I wanted a convertible, I went with the '8.

     I hope to be active on the list; helping as I am able, and getting
     help when needed.

     ..don