TR4-TR6 Rear Brakes

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4-TR6 Rear Brakes
From: Doug Mathews <tr3run@peachnet.campus.mci.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 07:20:41 -0500
I replaced both rear brake cylinders on my 64TR4 and have a question about
the "distance piece". There are 3 pieces that hold the cylinder in place, a
"spring plate", a "locking plate", and the distance piece. There was no
problem with the spring plate and locking plate, but the distance piece I
could not get in on either side. The question is are they needed with the
"replacement" cylinders. They seem firm and in place solidly. Its probable
my "skill" and maybe there is a secret process to make it fit. The older
ones obviously did have the distance piece in place.

Also, there are retaining pins that are used to hold the shoes in place.
These enter from the inside side of the brake plate and extend through the
shoe and are then held in place by a spring clip. The clips you can order,
but I'm having a hard time finding the pins. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.